E-commerce sites have to have high degrees of security and fraud prevention while still providing a confident customer experience. This becomes increasingly important when clients are buying digital gift cards or expensive items that could ship immediately. Businesses must learn to prevent fraud and put systems in place to guard the business from losing profits by giving safe and effective tools to decrease loss and increase customer safety.
1. User Registration: Require users to join up for an account and collect important information such as for example their address, contact number, complete name and ask them to store credit card information entirely on the website.
2. IP Address Monitoring: Keep a blacklist and whitelist of known malicious and safe IP addresses. When an IP comes through to a blacklist, require a telephone call with the client to verify the info in the order and ensure that the order is legitimate.
3. Suspicious Activity: In case a customer places a small order and then returns later in your day to position a larger order, ensure that this isn’t a scam to check on if a bank card works. 파워사다리 As opposed to declining the order, call the client to verify the order and collect information needed to verify their identity.
4. Unusual Orders: If the client has an account and they normally purchase less than $50 worth of merchandise, take a supplementary day to ship the merchandise if large and erratic orders suddenly come through. Twenty-four hours usually provides sufficient time for a person to report a lost or stolen credit card, and this protects the company from fraud.
5. Security Holes: Ensure that the website ordering process doesn’t have any security holes that allow a person to enter incorrect information. As an example, require the CVN code and expiration date to complement the credit card number used. If a bank card number gets lost or stolen however the holder maintains the physical card, these numbers aren’t typically readily available.
6. Application Updates: Keep your applications up-to-date and fix all software security holes immediately. If you are employing a commercial shopping cart application solution, ensure that you sign up to updates and fix any software holes as updates become available.
7. Identity Verification: Use advanced real-time credit card authentication methods provided by a third-party service to make sure that all bank cards processed are legitimate. If the card holder participates in a verification program, make those programs available on the site so your card holder must use additional security measures to position their orders.
8. Reporting Criminal Activity: Inform you on the site that criminal activity gets reported to the FBI. It will help customers feel safer and may thwart a criminal from trying to use stolen financial information on your own site.
9. Detecting Proxies and VPNs: Have a system in spot to detect when customers relate solely to a VPN or proxy. VPNs and proxies mask the actual IP address, which prevents the company from determining if the client is legitimate.
10. Payer Authentication: Store sensitive customer information in a protected format and only collect customer information when employing a highly secure SSL certificate.